Wednesday, March 3, 2010

¡tiempo para la tierra!

I recently began my research to live & work on an organic/bio-dynamic farm sometime next year. While I've made some connections in Austria and have lots of insight and inspiration from my colleagues, I can't seem to get Spain out of my head. Something very powerful is drawing me there, and of course my main interest is wine and grape harvest, I want to learn more about growing food too, not to mention become more fluent in Spanish. It's one of my longterm goals to eventually have land and grow a lot of my own organic food, hopefully supplying my restaurant and a small community with delicious vegetables. The trip could happen as early as this fall, mostly for the sake of working a grape harvest, but I might just shoot for next year so I can prepare to be there for 4-5 months. I've started the process by reading more about WWOOF (world wide opportunities on organic farms), but plan on reaching out to as many people as possible for advice. If anybody reading this has any insight or connections, I'd love to hear about it! Basque Country, Galicia, even Jerez in the South are all coming up on my radar.

No comments:

Post a Comment