Friday, July 9, 2010

Great things come from Indiana...

So, I spent my holiday weekend with one of my best friends & her family in Logansport, IN.  Good ol' American pride, fireworks, freshly caught fried perch & blue-gill, diamond stylus classic rock-outs, lakefloats,  and FRESH INDIANA SWEETCORN!  I roasted the corn and made a dressing with charred tomatillos & garlic.  After letting everything cool down I tossed the corn with the dressing, pickled breakfast radish, raw jalapeño, grape tomatoes, parsley, & scallion.  Tossed fresh market greens with Austrian pumpkin seed oil & lime juice then topped with the corn salad.  Finished w/spicy roasted pepitas on top (not in picture), and paired with the Sammy Smith organic dry cider.  Yes, that is a 2 Live Crew record in the background, they are not from Indiana.

1 comment: